Wednesday 5 January 2011

Snow, Night and Creative Fingers

January, 4th (Myope)
January, 4th (Lost, Found and Discovered)

By now, quite frankly, this winter is getting to me... It's so cold. In the morning, when I go out for lunch and when I finally leave the office. And more than sometimes, also in between.

So far, however, I've been keeping my New Year's resolution of forced creativity. And mainly, I enjoy it. Playing with my camera in the darkness, wiping snowflakes off the lens seems to provide me with a perfectly acceptable excuse to stop to marvel at those little things around me, which I would otherwise be too embarrased or polite to let distract me from the things I should be doing.

However, last night my hands froze stiff while I was trying to come up with something clever.

I couldn't help but admire the Russian tourists everywhere, holding cigarrettes between their bare fingers. I guess that I am made from some less hardy material. And I both wondered about the child who lost this glove, and wished I would have mittens warm and red like these. Why Is warmth so seldom considered elegant?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment