Sunday 12 December 2010

Wintery Things

Home
Winter Sky
Saffron
Reflection

Since I'm home from Moscow I can think of nothing but my next escape. Incidentally, also my world has turned into winter wonderland. Heavy snow on my windowsill prevents me from opening the window.

As my father so poetically puts it, the city is again filled with the whistles of Estonian pipes. An army of seasonal workers are desperately trying to keep the snow from (spontaneously) crashing down and crushing someone in the middle of their Christmas shopping.

Today I walked around in the snow-filled streets, wrapped up in my flowery shawl that they say make me look so Russian, and I marvelled at what change the snow brings about in people. My normally so introvert neighbours suddenly laugh together in the courtyard, trying to open the trash bins sealed by a ton of snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment